26 weeks

26 weeks
How far along?
26 weeks & 1 day. Baby Urie is about 14 inches long from head to toe and weighing in at 1 and 2/3 pounds. His hearing is becoming more developed and he can hear Diz and I chatting (and probably Olivia barking, too!). And he’s putting fat on his little frame. (is it odd that I kind of want a chunky baby?!) p.s. how hot am I after a killer CrossFit WOD? Super schweaty & hot! ;)

Total weight gain/loss:
I really hate this question.

Sleep:
Sleeping relatively well. Occasionally when I wake up in the middle of the night I have a hard time going back to sleep, mostly because I start thinking about all the things I want to do to prep for Baby Urie.

Best moment this week:
We registered at Target this weekend. It was so much fun. (and kind of overwhelming at the same time)

Movement:
I can feel him all day, but he’s most active first thing in the morning or late evening when I’m getting ready for bed.

Symptoms:
Round ligament pain when I run (at least that’s what i think it is) – or the babe is grabbing fistfuls of uterus and hanging on for dear life.

Food cravings:

Snowcones from Mabuhay. I could eat one every day. When I drive home from work and I don’t see a line, I’m tempted to stop. every. time.

Food aversions:
Not much. I’ve been drinking iced coffee again and it’s delicious. (not that often… and I’ve cut back on my Diet Coke consumption)

Gender:
BABY BOY!!

Labor Signs:
Nada.

Belly Button in or out?
Still an innie. Maybe it’ll pop in a month?

What I miss:
Sleeping on my stomach. Running. Like I mentioned above, running is becoming painful. I did get a pregnancy support belt, but I’m not sure it’s helping much.

What I am looking forward to:
Trying to organize the house and get the nursery ready. Starting to think about decorating and getting some stuff to hang on the walls. :)

Weekly Wisdom:
Feeling pretty thankful that I’ve had such an easy pregnancy. I really have been feeling good and can’t complain. I’m staying active in CrossFit and love that my ‘family’ there is so supportive and so encouraging.

Now… I need some help. While we were registering I realized how many options there are for just about every baby item!
Any recommendations for bottles, bouncers, swings, and/or anything else?
What are your absolute baby item “must-haves” or “don’t bother”??

Related posts:

Comments

1. A boppy! I didn’t have one with my first and 2nd time around it has been a lifesaver! And although it was expensive, my Medela breast pump, My babe eats a LOT, and it helps me to not have to nurse 24/7! You probably feel great because you are exercising. It makes a world of difference!

• Ashley says:

Our insurance will pay for an Ameda pump, so we’ll definitely be getting a breast pump! And I will add a Boppy to my registry. :) Thanks for the tips girl!

2. Lydia says:

You look great! So glad you are having such a good pregnancy! I hope when I get prego again I have an easy time too!

• Ashley says:

Thanks Lydia. Sending prayers your way for a healthy pregnancy (when it happens… hopefully soon!)

3. Amanda Kemp says:

one more week and you’ll be where I was when I delivered Rebecca & Mary-Gail! Seriously love your updates! I’m coming back to UT for the summer (June 20 – July 31). Are you having a baby shower during that time? Can I invite myself to it? :)

• Ashley says:

That is crazy! I can’t imagine having a baby next week! And look at your girls! They are doing so well! It’s amazing! :) :) I don’t think we’ve set a date yet for my shower, but you are SO invited if it’s while you are here. Even if we don’t have a shower while you are here, I’d love to see you! I need some Mommy advice!

4. You look SOOOO cute!!! I love your bump.

I went running from the Buy Buy Baby store last weekend….I was SO overwhelmed. HAH :)

HEre is a great blog post I found on the topic of must haves : http://littlebabygarvin.blogspot.com/2012/10/baby-registry-must-haves_25.html

• Ashley says:

I’ve seen that list! Her blog makes me drool! :)
      Buy Buy Baby is kind of overwhelming. I understand!

5. I still have my registry up on Target & Babies R Us, if that helps you. I asked friends for recs and pretty much copy and pasted! ha! I was too overwhelmed to think about it!! I want to know what you decide for your baby decor so I send you something–or maybe a 12 pack of diet coke! I drink these too!

6. Ashley says:

I just stalked your registries! I need to add some things to mine now! We’re sticking with a neutral theme as well for our nursery. Our crib bedding is primary colors with a lot of tan with ABCs and zoo animals. :) Here’s a link. http://www.zulily.com/p/jenny-a-z-4pc-set-reversible-bedding-46857-3245816.html?tid=social_pin_ref_shareviaicon_na_modal_0ea50367988b64a8544d5b93156e7bf8&pid=3245816
    So far that’s the only “decor” we have! But I’d totally take a 12 pack of diet coke! ;)

7. Oh my gosh you are rocking those workouts! Seriously, you look great! I remember feeling round ligament pains too. Have you tried using a belly band? I can’t remember if you mentioned that at froyo or not. i never had one, but def want to try one with my next pregnancy. Love the updates!