Whole Life Challenge – DONE! & Before & Afters

The Whole Life Challenge is OVER! 8 weeks of eating clean, daily exercise & mobility, and taking fish oil.

The video is a looooonng one this week. I guess I just have a lot of feelings! ;)

Check it out for what I learned about myself and how we plan on incorporating the Whole Life Challenge rules and clean-eating.

But… in other news (though I mention it in the video) I WON THE WHOLE LIFE CHALLENGE at Elevated CrossFit!

You could say I was a little excited (and honestly I was surprised!)
I knew I had a perfect score on the leaderboard, but didn’t realize that I’d lost that many inches and that I had improved that much with the WOD. (I lost 11 inches?! and improved by 40 reps on the WOD)

p.s. I made Diz take me for a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Java Junkie (our local main street java hut) and… I was SO excited. SO looking forward to it. I was counting down the days until I could have one…
and… It was kind of a let down… #waahwaah
I drank about 4 ounces – if that! It was just too sweet! Talk about change in tastes.

Now for the Before & After pictures…

I really can’t believe that I’m posting these… but here we go…

after looking at the pics I feel like I can see a difference in my waist and hips. yay!

Diz is smokin’ hot and getting that nice ‘V’ shape. yummy! ;)

SOOOO — How did you guys do on the Whole Life Challenge? Any one want to join us in February when we start it up again?!

Related posts:

Comments

1. Holy freaking inspiring – you are awesome. That is all. :)

2. Ann says:

So, so, so, SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Seriously. SO PROUD.

3. Falon says:

Whoa ya’ll be too fine! Great job finishing what you start! 11 inches is amazing! I love, love, love that you guys did this together as a team. So awesome!

4. Stefanie Davis says:

You look soooooooo great!! You can totally see a difference in your waist!! Congrats girl! That’s a huge accomplishment!

• Ashley says:

Thanks girl! We need to get together again sometime, it’s been way too long! Maybe a coffee date after your foot surgery?

5. Stephanie says:

You both look amazing! Quite a difference in both of you. Congrats on winning, that is amazing :) Great job!!!

6. Rachelle says:

Wow Ashley I am so incredibly proud of you. You 100% committed to this and just totally kicked ass. You and Diz both look freaking amazing and I am so proud of you both.

Now lets make a Yogurtland date. ;)

7. janae your best friend says:

HOLY COW!!!! Girl you look so awesome and so does Diz!! CONGRATS on winning too… so so exciting. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!! So is Yogurtland too sweet for you now?

• Ashley says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that you named yourself “Janae your best friend”. I seriously CANNOT wait to see you! Only a few more sleeps! :) And I FINALLY get to meet BROOKE!

8. Ed says:

Wow look at you two! Way to make some serious changes…keep it going!

• Ashley says:

Thanks Ed. We definitely have plans in place to continue eating clean (with some scheduled indulgences for the holidays!). :)

9. WOW girl!!! SOOO inspiring! WAY TO ROCK that.

10. Elizabeth says:

WOOT! WOOT! Way to go Ashley!! That’s super awesome! You have worked hard and you look fantastic! Keep up the great work!!

• Ashley says:

Thank you Elizabeth. You are so nice! ;) We have no intentions of straying too far off plan. This challenge was wonderful for us!

11. Lisa J says:

huge congratulations for winning and losing inches. the “v” is the first thing I noticed on Diz haha. I’ve had a lot of my friends that did the challenge fore 30 days comment on being more sensitive to sweet as well, so I think your reaction was pretty common

• Ashley says:

Gotta love that V shape. ;)

The sugar sensitivity is definitely normal from what I hear. But I was pleasantly surprised that it’s how I reacted. I thought for sure the latte would be like heaven… and it just wasn’t.

12. Monica says:

You can totally see a difference in your waist and overall you look fabulous! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

• Ashley says:

Thanks Monica! I was really nervous about putting the pics up. I mean… really? I’m like half naked. YIKES. Thankfully everyone has been supportive and positive! :)

13. Hannah says:

Wow, you look incredible! Both you and Ann inspired me to do a modified version of Whole 30 and I’ve become SO much more sensitve to processed sugar. Isn’t it amazing what your body does once you kick all the crap out? Hugs to you!

• Ashley says:

Aww thanks Hannah! It is amazing how quickly our bodies get used to eating clean(er) and how our tastes change after kicking the sugar crap! Hope all is well! :)

14. Megan D says:

Seriously!! You are amazing! The pictures look great. You got guns! And your face is thinner as well, plus all the PR’s. Holla! I love the picture of you getting the basket. lol.

I am sorry (or maybe not, since it is a good thing) that your latte was not all you were hoping for. I once went without sugar for a month. When the challenge was over I ate this sugar cookie Ross made and it made me sick. But then I just continued to eat crap like that and it stopped making me sick and I was back to my old ways. Crapbags. I want to be like you :)

• Ashley says:

Would you like to buy tickets to the gun show? LOL. ;)

speaking of sugar. Janae is coming next week. I miss her and froyo. We should plan a date.

15. WAY TO GO GIRL!! You look awesome! I need to do one of these challenges! I work better when there are prizes lol

• Ashley says:

I’m really competitive… which worked in my favor for the challenge. I’m like a little kid that wants all the gold star stickers on her homework. I was surprised when I won. I definitely didn’t expect it! Thanks for all of your support! :)

16. Lori says:

Hi Ashley!
    Ive been following your BLOG ever since you checked mine out via Mrs. Kellie Knapp! (love her) Anyways… You Rock! Congrats on the winning the Whole Life Challenge! You did an amazing job. I know first hand that its not easy BUT so worth it in the end! ~ Good job to YOU and Your HUBBY!

• Ashley says:

Thanks so much Lori! (I love Mrs Kellie Knapp too!!) You are right, the challenge was NOT easy but it was SO worth it. :)

17. Ashley says:

You can definitely see a difference, well done girl!! You’re always gorgeous of course, you are looking so strong now! Diz did amazing too! You guys are inspirational for sure! I’ve loved the updates, thanks for being so real!

18. courtney says:

you both look great! i did finished a 12 week challenge a few weeks ago and it’s scary putting before/after pics out there, but i think it’s very inspiring! i’ve been reading a lot about the whole life method and seeing your results makes me want to try it!

19. Lynn says:

Hey Ashley! Found your blog through Janae! Congrats on the challenge win!!!! We’re doing a 6 week “zone diet” challenge at my CrossFit right now… on week 4. We did a paleo challenge over the summer and I was tied for 1st place female! I’m hoping to have the same results this time around! Anyway, just wanted to say hi!!
    -Lynn

Trackbacks

1. [...] yet.  Not for a while.  I was reading Ash’s post this morning about her kick ass win on her Elevated Crossfit challenge and she posted B&A pictues…so maybe I’ll do that too.  However, it is TBD if they [...]

2. [...] to stay MOTIVATED during the Holidays November 18, 2012 By Ashley Leave a Comment After the end of our Whole Life Challenge I was worried that we’d fall off the wagon and fall back into old habits. Luckily, we’ve done [...]